These guidelines are for admins making announcements either through the Discord Server or the Forums. The language for these guidelines will refer mostly to the Discord Server.
The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT", "SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this document are to be interpreted as described in RFC 2119.
- Admins SHALL NOT make meme-like commentary in the announcements channel after an announcement. People keep notifications for announcements on, therefore constant meme posting after an announcement is disruptive.
- All announcements SHOULD be discussed with staff prior to posting to ensure the announcement meets an acceptable standard.
- Single meme announcements MUST be reviewed and approved by the staff before they go up to avoid policy issues. They MUST NOT have an @everyone/here attached.
- A meme announcement is a silly and contained post meant for fun and not affect actual policy. I.E. Brad's post on Dragor Day.
- Policy-Related Announcements MUST also be reviewed by staff and then the headmins before going up.
- Rules, guidelines, SOP, community policy changes, warnings, policy reminders etc.
- Event Announcements SHOULD be reviewed so they can be the best announcement they can be, but are otherwise okay to go up without being reviewed.
- Event Announcements include the announcement of the event itself, sign-ups, debriefs, announcing the next round that will host the event, etc.
- Development Announcements MUST be reviewed by Aronai or a headmin before going up.
- Change logs, new mechanics, forum posts to discuss development changes, development-related surveys, etc.
- Lore related Announcements MUST be reviewed by Dragor or a Lore Master who handles that particular part of the lore.
- Changes in lore, forum posts discussing lore, applications relating to lore, etc.
- Server Status Announcements do not need a review to be posted. As soon as you confirm there is an issue regarding the server, you MUST post an announcement about it.
- connection issues, ddos, payment issues, etc.